Definition of unromantic in English:
- In these unromantic establishments, romantic dreams are dreamed.
- The by-law proposal is only the product of the utterly unromantic and dreary administrative process of harmonizing all the old bylaws left over from the pre-amalgamated municipalities that now make up Toronto.
- Hoardings, which dot the main thoroughfares, used to look bland and unromantic.
- Example sentences
- Fish is cooked in ovens of hot stones, along with sweet potatoes wrapped in leaves, served with the leaves of an edible hibiscus, unromantically called ‘slippery cabbage’ and boiled with coconut milk.
- It used to be only in America that cities were defined rather unromantically as ‘municipal corporations occupying a definite area’.
- The threat posed by the unromantically named asteroid 2002 NT7 is an eerie echo of the plot of disaster movies such as Armageddon.
Definition of unromantic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.