adjective (unseemlier, unseemliest)
(Of behaviour or actions) not proper or appropriate: an unseemly squabble
More example sentences
- He was said to have killed more than one of his own men out-of-hand for lax or unseemly behaviour.
- Neither should we fear that the unsaved will be driven away by what may appear to be unseemly behaviour.
- Such unseemly conduct cannot exist without collaboration between an authoritarian power and an unchecked market.
- Example sentences
- Perhaps this attitude stemmed from some vestigial Old World notions of hierarchy, division of labor, or even the unseemliness of the music that they produced.
- They do seem to hold him responsible for some of the unseemliness of the administration.
- Livia Russo looks like she was about fourteen when the movie was shot, which lends an air of extreme unseemliness to her frequent nude scenes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.