Not suffering from or exhibiting self-consciousness; not shy or embarrassed: his behaviour was natural and unselfconscious
More example sentences
- Nor had she been able to see me dance as a child: unrestricted totally unselfconscious, innocent and devoid of the fear of others’ opinions.
- The non-conceptual, non-theoretically based, expressionist, unselfconscious artists will just have to wait - but they may be waiting a very long time.
- The overall effect of the chalked pattern was a simple design structure, done in a fairly carefree, unselfconscious and expressionistic way.
- Example sentences
- This, however, may have been the result of performing in a play where teenagers can intelligently and unselfconsciously discuss Thomas Hardy, Wilfred Owen, W. H. Auden, and Stevie Smith.
- But the torrent of sex content never feels gratuitous, partly thanks to the actors' uninhibited performances: they indulge themselves so unselfconsciously that we're loath to turn prudish.
- Bravely and unselfconsciously, this generous actress looks middle-aged, yet with that gangly tomboyish essence that allows her to play young without resorting to cosmetic artifice or girly-girl coyness.
- Example sentences
- The Pillow Book, Peter Greenaway's film about Japanese calligraphy, established McGregor's unselfconsciousness when it came to taking off his clothes.
- The complete unselfconsciousness and lack of pretentiousness in her work appears to stem from the artist herself and the down-to-earth quality that resonates from her.
- It is a ghost story, a tragedy, a policier and a drawing room comedy: a captivating story performed with childlike unselfconsciousness.
Words that rhyme with unselfconsciousconscious, subconscious
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|self|con¦scious
Definition of unselfconscious in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.