Not displaying or influenced by sentimental feelings: the speeches were short and unsentimental
More example sentences
- At 45, the Marquis has already earned the reputation of a cool-headed, unsentimental type.
- She talks with the no-nonsense speed of a native East Coaster and the unsentimental clarity of a clinician.
- The camera is distant without being cold, the script unsentimental without being cynical.
- More example sentences
- Ozu marvelously - and unsentimentally - depicts the secret society of unsupervised boys with its hierarchies and reversals, a feat helped no end by his charming young leads, who must be very old men by now, if they're alive at all.
- Calmly, unsentimentally, and with extraordinary compassion, he has marshalled the city's heroic police, fire and emergency services to admirable effect and, alas, with huge loss of life.
- Most touchingly of all, his parents, whose story he lovingly told in Ethel and Ernest, are shown unsentimentally on the mortuary trolley at the end of their quiet, blameless lives.
Definition of unsentimental in:
- The US English dictionary