Not in working order or fulfilling its function adequately; unfit for use: the crew decided the aircraft was unserviceable
More example sentences
- There was a 40 per cent shortfall in nerve agent detector units, while the MoD's entire stock of 4,000 vapour detection kits, used by troops when they unmask after a suspected chemical attack, was discovered to be unserviceable.
- ‘I want to make sure other soldiers are not exposed to the same risk and ensure that no British service personnel fly in unserviceable aircraft anywhere in the world,’ he said.
- Smoking was initially restricted to the bar area of the clubhouse after an unserviceable extractor fan was removed during a £26,000 refurbishment earlier in the year.
- More example sentences
- Three were cancelled due to aircraft unserviceability, and two due to the early exercise finish.
- In fact the aircraft has only missed one fleet support in the past 18 months due to unserviceability.
- Indeed, both the Flight Commander and the Observer of the helicopter set personal records for most flying hours in a calendar month, and of 44 planned sorties, only one was lost through unserviceability.
Definition of unserviceable in:
- The US English dictionary