Impossible to shock, horrify, or disgust: most doctors are fairly unshockable
More example sentences
- I thought they prided themselves on being unshockable.
- The networks, it seems, have found out that the kind of viewers they were chasing - young, unshockable and preferably intoxicated - didn't actually watch much television.
- Even the unshockable viewers of BBC's Room 101 this summer were offended by Milligan's wish that he suffer ‘an early death’ or leprosy.
- Example sentences
- They recognise one another through their knowledge of shared trivia, yet there is also an element of bravado and deliberate unshockability.
- But because it also seeks to congratulate its audience for its urbane unshockability, it never strays beyond the limits of middlebrow complacency.
- But then, haven't unpunished cases of bare-faced impunity sent all of us into unshockability?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.