- 1Lacking the power of sight: blind or unsighted peopleMore example sentences
- Mike Newman, 41, smashed the world land speed record for a car driven solo by an unsighted man, taking the title back from a sighted man with experience as a racing driver who set the record by wearing a blindfold.
- He wasn't much interested in dating - a sighted or unsighted woman - as he'd recently ended a 2 year relationship with someone.
- I actually enjoyed watching the film with this feature on, and can imagine what a boon it would be to an unsighted person.
- 1.1(Especially in sport) prevented from having a clear view of something: the umpires had been unsighted and had not seen the ballMore example sentences
- Liverpool failed to clear the ball and Carsley slotted it home past an unsighted Kirkland.
- Carlisle levelled the scores 10 minutes later when the ball was pushed through a crowded circle past the partially unsighted goalie.
- Bolton then looked to have scored as they attacked the blind side from a scrum, the referee was however unsighted.
- 2Not seen: a distant unsighted objectMore example sentences
- She said two of the remaining three, unsighted threatened species had not been spotted since 1965 while the other had gone undetected since 1891.
- Anyway, around four o'clock a new, previously unsighted older, white-haired woman came out of the kitchen.
- In the growing dark they were unsighted until close up.
More definitions of unsightedDefinition of unsighted in:
- The US English dictionary