Unpleasant to look at; ugly: an unsightly rubbish tip
More example sentences
- Photos of ugly babies and unsightly spouses have never met a kinder pair of eyes than yours.
- Travellers who were running a paving company from a disused pub car park turned it into an unsightly rubbish dump.
- He said rubbish on motorways is unsightly and poses a danger to both drivers and animals.
- Example sentences
- The response from the children has been outstanding and they have shown a very responsible attitude, not only about the unsightliness of litter, but more importantly an awareness of the dangers it puts us in.
- Due to the limitation of tracks, inconvenience to passengers, disruption to traffic, and their unsightliness, tramcars finally disappeared in 1963.
- If he must depict ugliness, let his art not be ugly: to confuse the unsightliness of the subject with the squalor of the work is wholly to misunderstand the function of art.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.