Not asked for; given or done voluntarily: unsolicited junk mail
More example sentences
- And studios mostly don't steal ideas from unsolicited scripts that come in, because if you do that you do get sued.
- I don't buy things at the door, or from an unsolicited phone call.
- How dare I not take her unsolicited advice on the use of a cooking oil!
uninvited, unsought, unasked for, unrequested, undemanded, uncalled for, not required, unprompted, unbidden, unwelcome, gratuitous, volunteered, voluntary, spontaneous
- Example sentences
- In the fifteenth century, authors rarely produced their works unsolicitedly.
- In the airport, please do not trust unofficial taxi drivers that unsolicitedly offer you their services.
- Every day, literally, unsolicitedly, volumes of poetry, published and unpublished, reach me in the mail.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|soli¦cit¦ed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.