Definition of unspectacular in English:
Not spectacular; unremarkable: she had been an unspectacular student
More example sentences
- Average shareholder returns over the past 10 years were a respectable, if unspectacular 8%.
- The only other scores of a hard-fought, if unspectacular affair, arrived in the opening 13 minutes of the second half.
- Their first single, Life in a Day, made it to a fairly unspectacular 62 in the UK charts, and it was to be a few more years before their fortunes changed.
- Example sentences
- Nothing quite like that greeted Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings which, when first published in 1955, sold steadily if unspectacularly.
- He is a long-standing member who competes regularly, if usually unspectacularly, off his 23 handicap.
- Between the wars he rose steadily but unspectacularly in rank and by 1936 was a lt-general.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia