- Not fair, generous, or sportsmanlike: the unsporting behaviour of some of the crowdMore example sentences
- He said the protest should not be perceived as the cry of bad losers but as a legitimate move to bring sanity to the game by discouraging unsporting behaviour.
- When in 1949 a New Zealander called Brunton Smith flung himself full-length to prevent a Yorkshire boundary, the Bramall Lane crowd booed his unsporting behaviour.
- Any criticism that Northern Ireland employed unsporting tactics in the game is well wide of the mark.
- More example sentences
- The home team, meanwhile, had 14 players and, unsportingly, insisted on playing their full complement.
- Pembridge deserved the stick he got from the Bolton fans and players when he unceremoniously and unsportingly hoofed the ball out of play instead of offering possession back to the opposition.
- ‘I won't tell your secrets, ‘says the title track, rather unsportingly.
More definitions of unsportingDefinition of unsporting in:
- The US English dictionary