Not subtle; obvious; clumsy: a grindingly unsubtle joke
More example sentences
- Moreover, ask women who have served on hiring committees with men whether or not discrimination, subtle or unsubtle, occurs in searches.
- At the risk of making racist generalisations, why is it that Europeans and Americans are so clumsy and unsubtle and appear to be such galumphing oafs in diplomacy?
- Mambo Italiano has its share of very funny moments, but they are trapped in a production whose drama is unsubtle, obvious, and at times downright insipid.
- Example sentences
- But the point can be made so frequently and unsubtly - and even ham-handedly - by the convention organisers that it frequently assumes something of the character of self-caricature.
- On the eve of the vote, an exhibit of Anne Frank memorabilia was brought to town and high school students were asked, unsubtly, to draw parallels to examples of intolerance in their community.
- Forget the Parthenon and the Acropolis; these days the Patriot Missile launchers unsubtly stationed across the city are the tourist sites du jour.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|subtle
Definition of unsubtle in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.