- 1Not supported physically: a toddler who can stand unsupportedMore example sentences
- During early phases of weapons training, soldiers are taught supported and unsupported prone positions and may be introduced to other positions such as the kneeling position.
- For the assumed boundary, material, and support conditions, the floor system at level two would have been able to support itself over the assumed unsupported area.
- However, it is generally accepted the cause is the sudden whip-like movement of the head, relative to the torso, during a rear crash as the seat is pushed forward at high speed but the unsupported head lags behind.
- 2Not given financial or other assistance: the child of a single, unsupported motherMore example sentences
- Maria chooses this job to escape a potential life as a single, unsupported mother living in poverty and boredom in her small town.
- The branch PO tells me that the publicity committee is hopeful of landing a sponsor shortly for the upcoming Towns' Cup, which was unsupported financially last season.
- Whilst a sportscotland spokesperson confirmed that Scottish bobsleigh athletes are not ineligible for funding, he is currently financially unsupported.
- 2.1 Computing (Of a program, language, or device) not having assistance for the user available from a manufacturer or system manager.More example sentences
- Not only do we learn something in detail, but it is satisfying to offer Linux users access to previously unsupported devices.
- What happened to the good old days, when we waited for kernel hackers to buy the unsupported laptops first and get them going for the rest of us?
- ‘The unsupported device is likely the useless E-support button on the front of your computer tower,’ he writes.
- 3Not borne out by evidence or facts: the assumption was unsupported by evidenceMore example sentences
- A finding of fact which is unsupported by any evidence clearly involves an error of law.
- If on the other hand she is to be regarded merely as making submissions they can bear very little weight as they were unsupported by any evidence (even a witness statement) from the appellant or documents from Colombia.
- The court applied the appropriate legal tests to the evidence and the findings of fact are neither unreasonable nor unsupported by the evidence.
More definitions of unsupportedDefinition of unsupported in:
- The US English dictionary