Definition of unsurpassable in English:
Not able to be exceeded in quality or degree: Zurich’s pastries and confectioneries are unsurpassable a grammatical error of unsurpassable grossness
More example sentences
- I'm sure it had nothing to do with the vast wealth she stood to inherit, her unsurpassable beauty, her exquisitely feminine charm, or even something as shallow as her fine conversational skills and excellent education.
- His steadfast belief in an unsurpassable standard of excellence echoes the æsthetic by which he lives.
- For those who don't know, he was the unsurpassable genius responsible for the first Incredible Hulk and Fantastic Four strips - in other words, one of the greatest visual artists of the twentieth century.
- unsurpassably adverb
- [as submodifier]: the plump duck confit is unsurpassably tenderMore example sentences
- The argument speaks, therefore, of an unsurpassably great being - of a being whose greatness is not excelled by any being in any world.
- Its fruits are unsurpassably pre-eminent, so mighty and so manifold that there is not room enough to receive them.
- Pollution combined with sound gives one an unsurpassably compressed expression for ‘noise pollution.’
Definition of unsurpassable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.