Definition of unsymmetrical in English:
Another term for asymmetrical.
- Neither one nor the other takes place in isolation; rather, there is an often unsymmetrical interplay between the two places.
- One of the principal conclusions of this article is that the symmetrical BIA molecules bind to DNA in an unsymmetrical fashion, wherein one aromatic residue intercalates into DNA, whereas the other binds to a groove.
- It is quite evident that impounding the dam while it is under construction will cause the symmetrical variation of the pore pressures within the core due to overburden pressure of the fillings changes to unsymmetrical shape.
- unsymmetrically adverb
- Example sentences
- It was built unsymmetrically because he wrote on the plans; they were redesigned around his scrawl because nobody had the courage to rub it out.
- The use of an unsymmetrically substituted analog (highlighted with the shaded atoms at C2,3, in Fig.6) could provide the necessary evidence.
- By attaching differing substituent groups, some of which are water soluble and some of which are fat soluble, an unsymmetrically substituted phthalocyanine is created which is both water and fat soluble.
Definition of unsymmetrical in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.