Definition of untempered in English:
1Not moderated or lessened by anything: the products of a technological mastery untempered by political imagination
More example sentences
- Premium cable - that is, unsponsored channels you pay for separately - doesn't have those constraints and is free to show us conflicts untempered by political correctness.
- While it's true that Western society rests on a solid Judeo-Christian foundation, the ground floor of our edifice is filled with goodies like skepticism, science, rational thought and humanism untempered by the supernatural.
- It was prudent of Ricks to set himself constraints: the book isn't short as it is; the combination of Dylan's creative and Ricks's critical fecundity could, untempered and unchecked, proliferate indefinitely.
2(Of a material) not brought to the proper hardness or consistency.
- A second effect that should be noted is the variation of transition temperature with tensile strength in the untempered alloys.
- The caramel is best at room temperature, but untempered milk chocolate has a tendency to get soft and sticky at room temperature.
Definition of untempered in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.