Definition of untested in English:
(Of an idea, product, or person) not subjected to examination, experiment, or experience; unproven: analyses based on dubious and untested assumptions
More example sentences
- Now, we are trying to experiment with untested ideas on a people who have come to neither trust or like us.
- With a couple of exceptions it's an untried and untested team that takes the court against Chester at the Northgate Arena.
- But they are also unpredictable in the sense that they are completely untested at international level.
- Example sentences
- For what the pro-smacking lobby is really advocating, as the law stands now, is a virtually untestable threshold of ‘reasonable’ force when disciplining children.
- As a clear example of an untestable, unscientific, hypothesis that is perfectly consistent with empirical observations, consider solipsism.
- Evolutionary biology, he demonstrates, is a special case since many of its theories are untestable: hence the theorists are allowed ample freedom of imagination.
Definition of untested in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan