- 1Not fastened or knotted: a Chinese vases was smashed when a museum visitor tripped over his untied shoe a bow tie dangling untied • figurative look for any obvious clues in the files, any leads, any untied endsMore example sentences
- Naturally this all appeared strange to her when it was accompanied by his white T-shirt, worn jeans and untied sneakers.
- She comes flying down in her bathrobe and untied sneakers; he's still buttoning his shirt.
- Her untied braid was coming free, the ends hanging loosely.
- 2(Of an international loan or aid) not given subject to the condition that it should be used for purchases from the donor country: untied German credits to the Soviet UnionMore example sentences
- Last year, Japan provided China with $1.7 billion in untied, heavily subsidized loans.
- The loan is supposed to be used for modernizing consumer goods industries, but the lawmakers view it as part of a rising supply of untied credits that could be tapped by the Soviet military.
More definitions of untiedDefinition of untied in:
- The US English dictionary