Definition of untrustworthy in English:
Not able to be relied on as honest or truthful: Thomas considered her to be devious and untrustworthy these untrustworthy impressions were instinctive
More example sentences
- The popular version implies that the Americans are untrustworthy and the British honest.
- He was intelligent and able, but deemed untrustworthy by most of his social and political equals.
- As the truth came out, the Government made itself look incompetent, deceitful and untrustworthy.
dishonest, deceitful, not to be trusted, double-dealing, treacherous, traitorous, two-faced, Janus-faced, unfaithful, duplicitous, dishonourable, unprincipled, unscrupulous, corrupt, shady, shifty, underhand;
Australian/New Zealand informalshonky
- Example sentences
- A number of the battles fought during this conflict came to occupy an important place in Protestant culture and memory, while helping to reinforce notions of Catholic untrustworthiness and treachery.
- Others will be unsettled by a book that is written as if it were non-fiction yet clearly contains a fictional element, giving everything an air of untrustworthiness.
- It's hardly a foolproof sign of their untrustworthiness that they are thinking about how to minimize distrust.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.