Not having the distinctive qualities of a particular type of person or thing; uncharacteristic: he considers the film untypical of college movies
More example sentences
- Local wars were habitually regarded as something temporary, accidental, untypical and uncharacteristic of the modem armed warfare, and unworthy of a serious study.
- Keep in mind that animals are also often traumatized by captivity and display bizarre behavior untypical of their kind unless treated with respect and dignity.
- Here is one, I suspect not untypical, example of not acknowledging culture and its practitioners.
- [as submodifier]: I’ll keep this review untypically short [sentence adverb]: not untypically, one large painting took her five monthsMore example sentences
- But the Jockey Club was untypically lenient last week, and he will now serve a one-day ban rather than a week's lay-off which would have seen him miss all of this week's exciting jumps racing.
- He got off to an untypically slow start, played catch-up for most of the day, but eventually salvaged a respectable score with birdies at his 17th and 18th holes.
- With the group stages earmarked for the middle of the season, fingers are firmly crossed for some untypically warm and sunny weather to help the competition kick off on the right note.
Definition of untypical in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.