- Not justified or authorized: I am sure your fears are unwarrantedMore example sentences
unjustified, unjustifiable, indefensible, inexcusable, unforgivable, unpardonable, uncalled for, gratuitous, unnecessary, undue, unreasonable, unjust, groundless, inappropriate, unsuitable, unseemly, unbecoming, improper, ill-advised, excessive, immoderate, disproportionate, inordinateunauthorized, unsanctioned, unapproved, uncertified, unaccredited, unlicensed; illegal, unlawful, illicit, illegitimate, criminal, punishable, felonious, actionable, prohibited
- Again this is an unwarranted interference in the right of people to be fat, or thin, as they choose.
- I reiterate to the House that this bill is unnecessary, unwarranted, and dangerous.
- I'm not saying that Catwoman is perfect, but all the negative hype surrounding it is unwarranted.
- More example sentences
- Article 9 of the election law stipulates that government officials shall not unwarrantedly influence elections or engage in acts that will influence election outcomes.
- Some of the pieces illustrated were not Irish, and others were awarded unwarrantedly early dates, yet few if any outright fakes can be discerned from its pages.
- Last month, a federal appeals court in California dramatically and unwarrantedly expanded the scope of the federal criminal law prohibiting "unauthorized access" to computers and electronic mail.