Definition of unwarranted in English:
Not justified or authorized: I am sure your fears are unwarranted
More example sentences
- Again this is an unwarranted interference in the right of people to be fat, or thin, as they choose.
- I reiterate to the House that this bill is unnecessary, unwarranted, and dangerous.
- I'm not saying that Catwoman is perfect, but all the negative hype surrounding it is unwarranted.
unjustified, unjustifiable, indefensible, inexcusable, unforgivable, unpardonable, uncalled for, gratuitous, unnecessary, undue, unreasonable, unjust, groundless, inappropriate, unsuitable, unseemly, unbecoming, improper, ill-advised, excessive, immoderate, disproportionate, inordinate
- Example sentences
- Article 9 of the election law stipulates that government officials shall not unwarrantedly influence elections or engage in acts that will influence election outcomes.
- Some of the pieces illustrated were not Irish, and others were awarded unwarrantedly early dates, yet few if any outright fakes can be discerned from its pages.
- Last month, a federal appeals court in California dramatically and unwarrantedly expanded the scope of the federal criminal law prohibiting "unauthorized access" to computers and electronic mail.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan