Definition of unwed in English:
Not married: an unwed teenage mother
More example sentences
- A sometime documentary filmmaker, she traveled to the once-thriving industrial town of Pittsfield, Massachusetts, in order to chronicle the lives of a generation of teenage unwed mothers.
- Yet many questions have never been publicly aired: What would have happened to those children of unwed teenage mothers if they hadn't been adopted?
- Utah has the nation's highest birth rate, but the lowest incidence of unwed teenage mothers.
- Example sentences
- Also, I'm not LDS; I'm some weird offshoot of Christianity with a much higher rate of unweddedness at 25.
- All that's certain is that real women, in droves, are investing themselves in the prolonged unweddedness of these unwed heroines.
- The rest of my day is incidental, because I've spent the time since meditating over what he said, trying to justify my unweddedness and, in case I failed to do so, plotting the entrapment into wedlock of the nearest passing female.
Definition of unwed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan