- Momentarily stop pressing heavily on (a ski or skateboard) in order to make a turn more easily: I hesitated for a split second as I unweighted my skis (as noun unweighting) your unweighting keeps the skis floatingMore example sentences
- On skis, get some speed, rise abruptly to unweight your skis and turn both skis sideways by rotating your legs from your hips.
- Instead of continuing my acceleration for the pass I start slowing my cadence, unweighting the back wheel and making attempts to slow down quick.
- Transfer your weight to your right skate, unweighting the left skate so you can lift up your left heel and pivot at the toe.
1930s: back-formation from unweighted.
More definitions of unweightDefinition of unweight in:
- The US English dictionary