- 1Having an inhospitable or uninviting quality: Jean crept into her cold and unwelcoming bedMore example sentences
- At first I thought Minnesota was going to be some very remote place, unwelcoming and inhospitable.
- Namibia's barren and unwelcoming coastlines served as a natural deterrent to the ambitions of European explorers.
- Her huge house was lonely and unwelcoming at night.
- 1.1(Of a person or their expression) not friendly towards a guest or new arrival: the unwelcoming look in his eyesMore example sentences
- He says time and again that it is not wrong to fear a young black man walking towards you with a North Face jacket, Timberland boots and an unwelcoming expression.
- ‘You are uninvited Sash, get out now,’ I said warningly, striding over to where he sat and looking down on him with the most unwelcoming expression I could muster.
- What had promised to be a cozy stop for the night proved to be a wide, barren space with a few buildings forming a ring around the well and only a few unwelcoming people to populate it.
More definitions of unwelcomingDefinition of unwelcoming in:
- The US English dictionary