- (Of a ship) weigh anchor: the entire fleet up-anchored and sailed to a point nearer the entrance to the lagoonMore example sentences
- Steve up-anchored and obliged, taking us closer inshore to drop anchor on top of a wreck where the lads caught pouting three at a time.
- Many handshakes were shared before we up-anchored and headed back to port.
- By 3.30 we'd had enough so up-anchored and motored down to the railway bridge to another ‘hot-spot’ Chad had marked out for us.
More definitions of up-anchorDefinition of up-anchor in:
- The US English dictionary