adverb & adjective
- In or towards the interior of a country; inland: [as adverb]: she comes from somewhere up-country [as adjective]: a little up-country townMore example sentences
- Taylor said that people from upcountry and inland were not used to seeing ships, especially not one so close to the shore.
- We call it upcountry marketing, paying attention to customers even in places away from the main urban centres.
- A few years ago an upcountry winner of only £20 won £200 in the lottery.
More definitions of upcountryDefinition of upcountry in:
- The US English dictionary