noun[mass noun] Geology
- The upward deformation of a rock mass into a dome shape: this causes updoming of the rock surface [count noun]: an early pre-Permian updomingMore example sentences
- Buildings near the updoming displayed cracks and concrete road slabs were tilted through various angles.
- The seismic data of a designated wind farm area off Borkum reveals that the wind farm area is located above the eastern flank of an updoming structure, probably a salt dome.
- The camera revealed two regions of interest to geologists: a view of a highland valley network called Nirgal Vallis and an image of Labyrinthus Noctis, an area near the crest of a large updoming in the Martian crust.
More definitions of updomingDefinition of updoming in:
- The US English dictionary