adjectivechiefly • literary
- (Especially of limbs) flung upwards, especially in a gesture of helplessness or alarm: the upflung arms of waking men shielding their eyes from the glareMore example sentences
- One upflung arm, spread-fingered and beseeching, was caught among the branches of a scrubby bush.
- At the edge of the herd, a magnificent stallion galloped, head upflung, mane streaming in the night wind.
- She's seated, leaning backward, arms upflung to heaven, bursting with joy.
More definitions of upflungDefinition of upflung in:
- The US English dictionary