Definition of upholstery in English:
1Soft, padded textile covering that is fixed to furniture such as armchairs and sofas: leather upholstery
More example sentences
- For a chic design with a contemporary edge, Monty favors sophisticated fabrics and tailored upholstery in leather and linen.
- Even the soft warm leather upholstery and steady movement of the vehicle didn't succeed in lulling the girl to sleep.
- Walnut timber floor and panelling are contrasted with the aubergine panelling of the limestone bar, and the furniture upholstery is a calming blue.
1.1The art or practice of upholstering furniture.
- Linking with the waterways theme were stalls of canal boat art and decoration, boat upholstery, knot tying and information about the British Waterways.
- He noted that among the areas involved were arts and crafts, woodwork, upholstery, photography and so on.
- Anyone interested in classes in Woodwork, Pottery or upholstery are advised to get in touch with the organization as soon as possible.
Definition of upholstery in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan