- 1The process of keeping something in good condition: we will be responsible for the upkeep of the access roadMore example sentences
- The council will be responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of the reserve.
- Hull, however, would draw up an agreement which would make clear it owns the meadows and will be responsible for their upkeep.
- He went on to say Clonaslee is our village and we as a community are responsible for its upkeep.
- 1.1Financial or material support of a person or animal: payments for the children’s upkeepMore example sentences
- There should be more stringent and enforceable regulations with regard to the upkeep of pet animals like dogs.
- In either case, partners buy an interest in a horse and share in the animal's upkeep.
- Some fathers are so useless they refuse to contribute financially to the upkeep of their children.