- Transfer (data) from one computer to another, typically to one that is larger or remote from the user or functioning as a server: you can upload your prepared text software is uploaded and downloadedMore example sentences
- Obviously, this describes building a very simple web site and uploading it to the Internet.
- The next time the program connected to the Internet to send mail, it uploaded the log file.
- The major benefit of broadband service over dial up service is the website uploading speed.
nounBack to top
- 1An act or process of uploading data: they are also adding the ability to pause an upload if you need to go off and do something else [mass noun]: the site allowed the upload of videosMore example sentences
- Andrew attempted to start the upload of Gem River only to discover that he could only upload one game at a time per client.
- The upload took about 2 minutes over my broadband connection.
- The upload took a couple of hours.
- 1.1A file or set of files that has been uploaded: an upload of the track is streaming belowMore example sentences
- The same photo can be found in the Mobile Uploads section of her Facebook page.
- I was really confused when I checked twitter and saw all those strange uploads.
- His front page is slightly misleading, all the images are recent uploads of the same subject.