adjective & adverbchiefly British
- Towards or relating to the more expensive or affluent sector of the market: [as adjective]: an upmarket housing estate [as adverb]: they used their newly acquired cash to move upmarketMore example sentences
- Sky Bar is fine if you want an upmarket expensive bar to drink in before dinner but it is nothing special.
- It's only a stone's throw from the main upmarket shopping centre with its designer and mid-market stores.
- It is now quite usual for an upmarket and not unusual for a mass market newspaper to have a regular wine column.
More definitions of upmarketDefinition of upmarket in:
- The US English dictionary