- another term for upper house.More example sentences
- It is to be submitted to the Bundesrat (the upper chamber of the federal parliament) July 14 for consideration as an alternative to the ‘Green Card’.
- The revised constitution made the Senate a proper upper chamber, gave parliament the power to initiate laws, and made ministers answerable to it.
- In his first year in office he had them removed from their seats in the Federation Council - the upper chamber of the Russian parliament.
More definitions of upper chamberDefinition of upper chamber in:
- The US English dictionary