- 1A punch delivered with an upwards motion and the arm bent.More example sentences
- He had a good long hard jab, his left hook and left uppercut were devastating punches.
- He moved with impressive grace and skill, angling away from Hernandez's onrushes and countering effectively with uppercuts, straight right hands, and left hooks.
- You hold the gloves and deliver uppercuts, hooks and jabs, taking care to sidestep or duck away from punches.
- 2 Baseball An upward batting stroke, typically resulting in a fly ball.More example sentences
- He brings the arm back a little and starts to move it upward for the uppercut.
- Hall of Famer Joe Morgan notes that Gonzalez's swing has a natural uppercut to it, allowing him to drive the ball with more authority.
- Beltran sometimes struggles with an uppercut and poor strike-zone judgment.
verb (uppercuts, uppercutting; past and past participle uppercut)[with object] Back to top
- Hit with an uppercut.More example sentences
- She rammed her fist in his stomach, causing him to double over and lifted her javelin horizontally, uppercutting him with it and making him fall to the ground.
- The guy swung and, quick as lightning, Bryce ducked and uppercutted the guy.
- Acting on instinct, he stepped forward and uppercutted the man in the nose.
More definitions of uppercutDefinition of uppercut in:
- The US English dictionary