Definition of uprate in English:
1Increase the value of (a payment or benefit): income support will be uprated
More example sentences
- Child benefit was uprated in line with inflation too.
- By tax year 2008 / 2009, it estimates the Treasury could save itself £1.2bn by not uprating elements of the credits.
- It appears, then, that the government has uprated pensions only where it has been forced to do so.
2Improve the performance of; upgrade: the gas plants are to be expanded and uprated
More example sentences
- Safety measures include improved passenger restraint systems with eight airbags, uprated road holding and braking, including a speedier operating electronic stability control and special under steer control.
- Rarely does an uprated engine or performance-tuned suspension figure in this sort of equation, but a combination of clever marketing and price adjustments keeps these impostors ever-popular.
- Detailed changes to the front and rear suspension have given the car greater poise through corners, while uprated brakes achieve a 13% improvement in stopping distances.
Words that rhyme with uprateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan