- A sponge cake that is baked over a layer of fruit in syrup and inverted for serving.More example sentences
- ‘If Mom baked a pineapple upside-down cake or a pie or a pound cake, or if my big sister brought home ice cream and maraschino cherries and bananas to make banana splits, we made whipped cream to go along with it,’ Ralph said.
- For his last meal, he requested filet mignon, pineapple upside-down cake, fruit punch, tea, and coffee.
- We had pineapple upside-down cake for dessert.
More definitions of upside-down cakeDefinition of upside-down cake in:
- The US English dictionary