- 1Curved, sloping, or directed upwards: an upswept moustacheMore example sentences
- The Kagemusha fixed blade appears to be a highly utilitarian knife with its upswept blade and slightly curved handle for user comfort.
- With a scarred face, glass eye (the pupil of his left eye in the shape of a U.S. Eagle), upswept moustache, slicked down hair, a top hat and that wicked smile, Day-Lewis is memorable.
- Architects will be looking for surfacing which suits the town square feel, and the boulevard of upswept maple trees planned for the east side of the High Street.
- 1.1(Of the hair) brushed or held upwards and off the face: an elegant upswept styleMore example sentences
- Most women prefer the traditional styles of long upswept hair for adults and long braids for girls.
- Also striking was a realistic portrait from around 1970 of a woman with upswept hair seated in an ornate chair and another more painterly portrait of a faceless male figure against a background of abstract gestures.
- Lucrezia twirled, letting the peacock feathers that were skewered through her brown, upswept hair hit our noses.
More definitions of upsweptDefinition of upswept in:
- The US English dictionary