- An upward tendency, especially a rise in economic value: the uptrend in sales and profits is expected to be sustained in the October-March periodMore example sentences
- Yet despite the uptrend in demand, the economy seems in little danger of overheating.
- Despite the political uncertainty created by the dissolution of Parliament and the usual market fluctuations, stock prices have maintained a clear uptrend in 1999.
- An uptrend is observed: the figures for January 2000 are 28.8 per cent and 16.1 per cent, respectively.
More definitions of uptrendDefinition of uptrend in:
- The US English dictionary