- A broad elevated area of the earth’s surface.More example sentences
- Like the African examples, the Rhine rift is associated with volcanism and with a regional upwarp that forms raised borders to the rift.
verb(be upwarped) Back to top
- (Of part of the earth’s surface) be elevated to form an upwarp.More example sentences
- The seismic section shows upwarped reflectors in the upper crust which may be related to this convergence.
- Most of South Africa consists of a vast plateau with upwarped rims, bounded by an escarpment.
- Probably no remnants of the upwarped surface remain on the mountain tops of New England.