- A black, grey, or brown mineral which consists mainly of uranium dioxide and is the chief ore of uranium.More example sentences
- Arsenopyrite, cassiterite, molybdenite, wolframite, uraninite, and several of the common sulfides have all been observed at various locations.
- Other accessory minerals are apatite, zircon, monazite, huttonite and rare xenotime, uraninite and betafite.
- A comprehensive discussion of the mineralogy and occurrence of uraninite has been given by Frondel, to which the reader is strongly referred.
More definitions of uraniniteDefinition of uraninite in:
- The US English dictionary