- The redevelopment of areas within a large city, typically involving the clearance of slums.More example sentences
- To get federal funds for urban renewal, cities had to find that the areas to be renewed were ‘blighted.’
- Mufamadi visited the taxi rank area and the park to unveil details of his department's urban renewal programme for the area.
- All such enterprises lead a tenuous existence at present, since the area is subject to the city's intense urban renewal pressures.
More definitions of urban renewalDefinition of urban renewal in:
- The US English dictionary