A small bacterium related to the mycoplasmas, characterized by the ability to metabolize urea.
- Genus Ureaplasma, order Mycoplasmatales
More example sentences
- In 40 cases the other bacteria made it impossible to recognise the results of ureaplasmas in culture.
- It allows the detection of ureaplasmas in case of parallel infections and identification of their species.
- It is likely that ureaplasmas can gain access to the prostate during an acute ureaplasmal infection of the urethra.
Definition of ureaplasma in:
- The US English dictionary