- Any of a group of compounds which are acyl derivatives of urea.More example sentences
- Nodules were extracted and assayed for starch, sucrose, glucose, fructose, total amino acids, and ureides as described previously.
- Depending on the legume species, fixed nitrogen is exported as either amides (glutamine and asparagine) or ureides (allantoin and allantoic acid), which are initially derived from the oxidative breakdown of purines.
- Ammonia proceeds through a series of biochemical conversions within the nodule, resulting in nitrogen-rich compounds called ureides.
More definitions of ureideDefinition of ureide in:
- The US English dictionary