Definition of urethra in English:
nounAnatomy & Zoology
The duct by which urine is conveyed out of the body from the bladder, and which in male vertebrates also conveys semen.
- This chapter focuses on infections of the male urethra, epididymis, testis, and prostate.
- The muscles beneath the bladder that surround the urethra are called the pelvic floor muscles.
- Your urinary system is composed of your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra.
- Example sentences
- During normal voiding the detrusor muscle contracts and the muscles of the urethral sphincter and pelvic floor relax in a co-ordinated fashion to allow the bladder to empty.
- The aims of continence surgery are to elevate the bladder neck, support the mid urethra, or increase urethral resistance.
- Fever, fatigue, aches and pains, and a urethral or vaginal discharge often occur.
Definition of urethra in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan