nounAustralian • informal
- 1A person who gives tips at a race meeting.More example sentences
- Anyway, this place has the hardest working tout or urger or whatever they're called in Australia.
- 1.1A person who takes advantage of others; a racketeer: he was a free enterprise man—he thought all unionists were urgersMore example sentences
- A short acquaintance with Frank Hardy was enough to establish him as a typical bar-room urger.
- But totalist urgers can never be satisfied - they want it to go on forever.