noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
An almost insoluble compound which is a breakdown product of nitrogenous metabolism. It is the main excretory product in birds, reptiles, and insects.
- A bicyclic acid derived from purine; chemical formula: C5H4N4O3
More example sentences
- Continue to stay away from alcohol and coffee, because they accelerate the breakdown of protein into uric acid.
- Additionally, there is an elevation in blood glucose and uric acid production.
- The waste products of protein metabolism are urea and to a lesser extent uric acid and creatinine.
Definition of uric acid in:
- The US English dictionary