Definition of urinate in English:
Discharge urine; pass water.
- Encourage your child to relax when she urinates so no urine is left in the bladder.
- There is little time between feeling the need to urinate and leakage of urine.
- It is characterised by needing to urinate often and passing a large quantity of urine, and feeling extremely thirsty.
wet one's bed/pants, wet oneself;
cock/lift its leg
informal go, do it, spend a penny, have/take a leak, shake hands with an old friend, answer the call of nature, pee, pee oneself, pee one's pants, piddle, have a piddle, widdle, have a widdle, tinkle, have a tinkle
North American informal whizz, take a whizz
vulgar slang piss, have a piss
late 16th century: from medieval Latin urinat- 'urinated', from the verb urinare.
- Example sentences
- Everyday we lose about 10 cups of our body water through sweat, exhaled air, urination and bowel movements.
- These muscles relax as the bladder fills with urine and contract during urination.
- This pain and pressure may increase as the bladder fills and decrease as it empties in urination.