- Relating to or resembling bears: ursine arteriosclerosisMore example sentences
- The divergence relationship among ursine bears was not resolved with any of the molecular data sets with the exception of the affirmation of the close affinity of the brown bear and the polar bear.
- Unlike their ursine cousins who will eat almost anything, Giant Pandas, as you probably know, basically eat one thing: bamboo stems and leaves.
- Schullery observes that Lewis's tone, his narrative structure, and, indeed, his misperceptions about ursine psychology helped shape the telling of bear stories for decades to come.
mid 16th century: from Latin ursinus, from ursus 'bear'.
More definitions of ursineDefinition of ursine in:
- The US English dictionary