- A woman who shows people to their seats in a cinema or theatre.More example sentences
- Is it a disappointment to you that a lot of the people behind the scenes, like the ushers and usherettes and yourself, don't get the recognition they deserve?
- His mother, who suffered from bouts of mental illness, was an usherette, at the cinema before she got married, after which, he says, ‘she got out of the movies for good’.
- She worked as an usherette at the Mosspark Cinema in Cardonald, and Patrick would stand outside, stubbornly waiting to propose again, in his bowler hat and spats.
More definitions of usheretteDefinition of usherette in:
- The US English dictionary