Definition of usurious in English:
Relating to or characterized by usury; extortionate: they lend money at usurious rates
More example sentences
- On the other side of the political spectrum, liberals worry that litigation finance firms offering usurious rates prey upon a desperate clientele.
- Desperate American workers are forced to rely on credit card debt at usurious interest rates to pay for basic necessities.
- They make half their income by surprising people with enormous penalties and usurious interest rate changes if they forget to pay their phone bill one month.
- 1usuriously adverb
- Example sentences
- Credit was tight, interest rates usuriously high.
- While management has been usuriously enriching themselves, shareholders have suffered greatly.
- The fact remains that banks are able to charge usuriously high interest rates because the government secures their monopoly.
Words that rhyme with usuriouscurious, furious, injurious, luxurious, penurious, perjurious, spurious, sulphureous (US sulfureous)
Definition of usurious in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.